So want to know how to Convert the WordPress website to HTML? then this post is for you.
We all know that WordPress is one of the best Content Management Systems today. Around 30 percent of websites around the world are based on WordPress. It is a simple, flexible, and user-friendly CMS. It becomes simpler if you choose WordPress hosting for the WordPress website. But at some point in time, we need to switch to a basic or static HTML page from a website.
There might be several reasons for switching to a standard HTML site. One of the reasons for switching is slower loading speed or safety concerns. Converting the WordPress website to static HTML can become an irritating task.
Here you will get to know how to Convert the WordPress website to HTML without the risk of losing data in simple steps. Meanwhile, u can visit our other posts on WordPress load resource error fix and increase WordPress maximum upload file size.
Why do we need to convert the WordPress website to HTML?
The main reason to convert a WordPress website to a static HTML site is the load speed of the website or webpage. In WordPress, when a user visits the page the pages are dynamically generated because it is dynamic in nature. But on the static website, there is no dynamic content available which results in boosting the site’s speed and stability. This eliminates the speed and stability issues to an extent.
Tools that will help in Converting WordPress website to HTML
One of the most usual queries we come across various forums and Q&A sites is how an individual convert WordPress websites to HTML. It’s a fact that converting WordPress to HTML sites is a little tricky job. But with plugins, it’s easier to convert.
Let us look into some tools useful in converting WP to HTML.
Simply Static is an open-source online static HTML generator developed by the Code of Conduct LLC. The main motive of the site is to create a static site from the WordPress source code. The working of the tool is such as to generate HTML copies of your WordPress website pages. The WordPress installation entirely remains separate from the static site. The file is kept at a secure location that no one can access except you.
Features of Simply Static:
- Has the facility of including images, CSS, JS or any other files which have links.
- Replacing the URLs for WordPress installation with relative URLs, absolute URLs or URLs built for offline use.
WP Static HTML Output
WP Static HTML Output is the next tool in the list. It is a simple and robust tool for converting a WordPress site into HTML. The best thing about this tool is that it provides unrestricted export targets for a particular website.
Features of WP Static HTML Output:
- Feature of Deploying the static website to a dropbox, Amazon Simple Storage Service(S3), File transfer protocol (FTP), local folder, and Github automatically.
- Support for languages such as English and Japanese.
Jekyll is a GitHub-supported Simple, Blog-aware, and Popular online static site generator. small projects and blogs are converted using Jekyll. It takes the template directory which contains text files in any format. It first converts then after rendering it finally generates static HTML websites.
Features of Jekyll:
- A Jekyll website is a bunch of files that store in the form of directory. You can store the full website in a Git repository because Github pages are deeply integrated with Jekyll.
- Because Jekyll is a huge community they have diverse installation guides and documentation which makes easier in importing content from WordPress and convert to HTML.
Pelican is the last tool in our list which generates static content with the help of its static site generator. It allows users to create content in Markdown, reStructuredText, or ASCIIIDoc format and import from WordPress, Dotclear, or RSS feed.
Features Of Pelican:
- Publishing of content in multiple languages and customizing the theme using the Jinja template.
- Generation of sitemap files with the help of certain tools.
- Other Supported features are the integration of social media, integration of Atom and RSS feed, code syntax highlighting, commenting tools like Disqus, Google Analytics.
We can finally conclude that the main purpose of converting WordPress to a static HTML site is faster website loading speed and improved performance. Don’t want to convert your website to a static page or look for website hosting which helps you to increase website loading speed? ByteNAP is there for you. ByteNAP delivers the best and cheap Linux VPS Hosting service which will boost your site speed and performance.