Beneath you will find some of the few crucial Image SEO Tips, that can enhance your image search rankings. You can also check out our Simple Yet Powerful WordPress SEO Tips Guide.
Common Image SEO optimization Tips
- Make sure that you always use images in your web pages. Image satisfies 22% of Google search queries, make your spot to Google image search by adding pictures to the page.
- There are several pieces of research that prove an image increases the interactivity of the page. Rather than adding a boring text page, insert a picture to keep the visitor on the page.
- Add images that appreciate the content of the page. The image you are adding should go well with the content of the post. Create an image over the keyword or topic of the post.
- Make sure that you always use your most crucial image at the top of the page because Google renders a page from top to bottom.
- The image you upload should have a purpose for being on the page.
- You should avoid using any sensitive images. However, it is solely based on your type of content
- One must make use of a high-resolution image. It is pointless to display low resolution or blurry images unless your site regarding pics. In short, the point here is that you should put the effort into delivering the best quality image to your users.
Types of Image Formats
- Maintain the balance among image size and image quality. For example, if an image is of 45 MB size, then it will do more harm than do good. It will take forever to load if the image size is high. The optimal website loading speed as per Google is under 3 seconds. If you have a bigger size image then the website will take more time to load.
- Run the GTmetrix test to identify large images and then replace them.
- Make use of PNG files only when you need to show details in the picture
- Use vector images for logos icons and flat images. They do not lose the details on zoom as they are not pixelated.
- SVG is the favored Vector image type size as they are already responsive
- GIF is best suited for animated images. More than 22% of sites use GIF
- WebP is an image format produced by Google, and Google is also promoting it. WebP supports both lossy and lossless compression, and even animation. This format minimizes the file size of the image while maintaining its quality.
- Decorative images are just on the site to make the page seem attractive—for instance, shapes, 3d elements, lines, shadows, etc. Utilizing CSS properties to exhibit such images is the best practice.
- Making use of HTML and CSS to create buttons is better than utilizing PNG or SVG.
Image Sources to Obtain Best Pictures
- Always use original images in your article.
- Refrain from using stock images, indirectly you are contributing to plagiarism. Though it is not evident at present, in the future, AI will quickly identify it.
- Never utilize a licensed image without paying for such images. Not only it is unethical but also is illegal. Owners of the image can sue your website and additionally, it is not good for SEO.
Better your Indexing with Technical Image SEO Tips
- The filename of the image is necessary, hence utilize an image name that makes sense and is relevant to the image. Don’t forget to change the default image name.
- Before uploading to your put your keyword as image alt text. But if it is relevant.
- The image URL is generally the file name of the image. Yet, you need to change it and make it keyword rich.
- One must add Alt-text to every image. Not only does the alt-text make the user read it if the image doesn’t load but also Google reads it with its TTS which is beneficial for the visually impaired.
- Make use of the long desc=”” attribute to give a lengthy description for complex images.
- Add the description if the alt text is not sufficient to explain the image. Else neglect it. It is an extra information box you can use if required.
Image Optimization Tips For Fast Loading Page and Lightweight Page
- Make use of responsive images such that it can load on each and every device. You need to assign srcset and size attribute to the image. It is an inbuilt feature found in the newest version of WordPress. For other eCommerce platforms, you need to check.
- Utilize the browser cache to cache the image files. By, this method, the image does not have to be loaded from the server all the time, and the loading speed of the page will gradually increase. The WordPress user can utilize any caching plugins. You can also read our article on, Best Web Caching Solution for your website
- Non-WordPress user can take full advantage of browser caching by adding a simple code to their .htacces file:
<IfModule mod_expires.c> ExpiresActive On # Images ExpiresByType image/jpg "access 1 year" ExpiresByType image/jpeg "access 1 year" ExpiresByType image/gif "access 1 year" ExpiresByType image/png "access 1 year" </IfModule>
- Enable the lazy load feature. By enabling the Lazy load feature it only loads the image that is on the user’s screen. When the user scrolls down, the later image also gets loaded.
- One of the best solutions to enhance image performance is to utilize image CDN. It is highly proven to load images quickly.
I hope this article may have helped you better know a few Image SEO Tips. Additionally, you can opt for ByteNap’s cheap Linux VPS Hosting plans to boost your website speed.